We’re Hiring a Digital Designer & Content Coordinator, Paid Internship (remote)
We’re hiring a remote Digital Designer & Content Coordinator to join our team at Day Shift Digital for a 3 month, full time contract.
Day Shift Digital is a small, boutique agency that focuses on building WordPress & eCommerce sites. We build strong, intuitive sites that are simple to navigate on the front-end, and a breeze to update on the backend. We are a small team, but collaborate with larger organizations and agencies who keep us excited and motivated!
Perks of the job
- Full time, remote position – work from anywhere in Canada!
- We are flexible about work hours, as long as you are available for our meetings, you can work on a schedule that works best for you.
- You’ll have a ton of autonomy and independence, with a supportive team.
- We work with a whole bunch of different industries, with amazing clients, on some really cool projects.
- We’re a small team, where your work makes a huge difference.
- You are able to wear many hats and enjoy task switching regularly. When one task is done, you’re excited to hop on the next.
- You are not afraid to reach out to your teammates to ask for support, or to be supportive.
- You are curious about a lot of different things and are excited to learn.
- You are determined to find a way to tackle new tasks, even if you don’t quite know the best route
- You are adaptable to situations in a fast-moving environment
- You are able to work independently
- You thrive in moving through different tasks within a day.
- You reside in, and are able to work in Canada.
- Education required: Post Secondary Certificate, Degree or Specialized Program (example Juno College, Brainstation, Lighthouse Labs, etc)
Duties and responsibilities
As part of this role you’ll be responsible for the following:
- Set up pages in WordPress & Shopify with client’s content in a visually interesting manner (based off of designs and / or a detailed sitemap).
- Migrate content from old websites / documents into website backends.
- Configure WordPress & Shopify backends based on project needs.
- Source imagery and iconography and edit them to work with designs.
- Configure Shopify & WooCommerce product details as needed by the project.
- Create digital assets for social media posts (infographics, adapted images).
- Assist with creating designs assets for internal & client projects.
- Assist with setting up Google Analytic campaigns.
- Possibly some insertion of HTML and CSS changes to sites.
- Helping with website testing and ensuring quality assurance.
Knowledge and skills
You have knowledge in some of the following programs:
- Adobe XD, Sketch, and / or Figma
- Google Analytics / Google Tag Manager experience is an asset
- HTML, CSS, JS experience is an asset
This position is a paid, 3 month long internship with a salary of $35,000 per year, prorated. This opportunity is offered as part of the Government of Canada’s Digital Skills for Youth Program.
If you’re looking to break into a digital agency, and hone your skills, this is your chance! This role is perfect for the person looking to get a taste of several different facets of a digital agency. To meet the the requirements you must:
- Be a post-secondary graduate – this is not a requirement for residents of the Yukon, Northwest Territories and Nunavut applying for internships in those territories
- Between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the internship
- Be underemployed (employed below their level of education or work part-time)
- Be a Canadian citizens, permanent residents or persons granted refugee status in Canada
- Be legally allowed to work according to the relevant provincial and Canadian legislation and regulations
- Refugee protection must be conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act. Persons awaiting refugee status, as well as those who hold a temporary visitor visa, student visa or work visa, are ineligible to participate in a Youth Employment Strategy initiative.
- Not previous participants of the Digital Skills for Youth (DS4Y) program
Does this sound like you? Please apply by telling us a bit about yourself, and sending your portfolio and resume to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org. Please make the subject line: Applying for: “Digital Designer & Content Coordinator 🌈” (don’t forget the emoji).
We look forward to hearing from you!